Sinead O’Connor was hospitalized days after his son’s death


The “Nothing Compares 2 U” singer told fans on Thursday night that she was on her way to the hospital to receive help after sharing in a series of disturbing Twitter posts that she was planning to take her own life.

“I have decided to follow my son. There is no point in living without him. Everything I touch I destroy. I was only for him. And now he is gone,” she wrote on an unconfirmed Twitter account that is linked to her official account.

O’Connor – who has previously been open about her own mental struggles and suicidal thoughts – went on to say she felt “lost” and blamed herself for the death of her teenage son.

The mother of four followed the thread an hour later by apologizing for her alarming post and reassuring fans that she was seeking medical attention.

“I’m sorry. I should not have said that. I’m with the police now on my way to the hospital. I’m sorry I made everyone sad,” she wrote, adding: “I am lost without my child and I hate myself. The hospital will help for a while. But I will find Shane. It’s just a delay. ”

O’Connor’s representatives declined to comment to CNN.

Shane O’Connor’s body was discovered on January 7, two days after he disappeared, the singer’s management company confirmed to CNN on Saturday.

O’Connor announced her death on Twitter, saying her “beautiful” son “decided to end his earthly struggle.”

“Nevi’im Nesta Ali Shane O’Connor, the very light of my life, decided to end his earthly struggle today and is now with God,” she wrote. “May he rest in peace and may no one follow his example. My baby. I love you so much. Be at peace.”



Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.