Graduate Student Success and Retention Coordinator/ Clinical Liaison
The University of Southern Mississippi is currently accepting applications for the position of Graduate Student Success and Retention Coordinator/ Clinical Liaison.
118 College Drive
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, 39406-0001
Leadership and Advanced Nursing Practice
Posting Close Date
5 days after posted
The Graduate Student Success and Retention Coordinator
assists the Project Director in the day-to-day operations of project activities
and evaluation associated with student success and retention. The position will
mentor, coach, and provide academic and career advisement and support services
related to student grant recipient academic success and retention. The position
partners closely with faculty in the academic program to ensure students receive
the support and academic engagement required for success. The position will
serve as students’ primary source of support to ensure meaningful progress in
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements recruitment programs and attends recruitment events
- Mentor/Advises/assists students in the development of career, academic plans /class schedules
- Analyzes student records and responds to inquiries to facilitate admissions transfer/graduation
- Monitor student academic progress/manage student academic progress
- Resolve individual academic problems and refers issue for academic progress
- Advises on academic program updates and changes
- Coordinates activities/workshops to for success strategies for faculty and students
- Support student success by coordinating internship programs, facilitating orientations, student activities, and advising student programs, etc.
- Maintaining appropriate documentation of all academic engagements
- Assists with the evaluation of the project and dissemination of activities
- Identify and sustain relationship with current and new nurse practitioner clinical sites
- Maintain list of current clinical site rosters and preceptors
- Assist with preceptor training
- Evaluate relationship between student, preceptor, and practice partner at the end of each semester
- Provide feedback loop for practice partners with questions and/or concerns.
faculty/instructor in classes as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Master’s degree or Higher from an accredited college or university in Nursing, Psychology, Social Science, Social Work,
or similar discipline (related experience may substitute for the degree
requirement on a year-for-year basis). Certified in Advanced Practice Nursing
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Canvas is preferred
Teaching experience preferred
About The University of Southern Mississippi
The University of Southern Mississippi (USM) is a comprehensive public research institution delivering transformative programs on campuses in Hattiesburg and Long Beach, at teaching and research sites across the Mississippi Gulf Coast, as well as online. Founded in 1910, USM is one of only 131 universities in the nation to earn the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education’s “R1: Doctoral Universities – Very high research activity” designation, and its robust research enterprise includes experts in ocean science and engineering, polymer science and engineering, and large event venue safety and security, among others. USM is also one of only 37 institutions in the nation accredited in theatre, art and design, dance and music. As an economic driver, USM generates an annual economic impact of more than $600 million across the state. USM welcomes a diverse student body of more than 14,000, representing 71 countries, all 50 states, and every county in Mississippi. USM students have collected four Truman Scholarships and 37 National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships, while also leading Mississippi with 27 Goldwater Scholarships, an honor that recognizes the next generation of great research scientists. Home to the Golden Eagles, USM competes in 17 Division I sports sponsored by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). For more information, visit www.usm.edu.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer/Americans with Disabilities Act institution, The University of Southern Mississippi encourages minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.
All the information on this website – https://Boilingnews.com – is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. Boilingnews.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (Boilingnews.com), is strictly at your own risk. Boilingnews.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.